You can download and install maven on windows, linux and MAC OS platforms. Here, we are going to learn how to install maven on windows OS.
- Download Maven For Mac Versions
- Download Maven For Mac Operating System
- Install Maven On Mac
- Download Maven For Mac Catalina
- Download Apache Maven For Mac Os
- Download Maven For Mac
To install maven on windows, you need to perform following steps: Office keygen for mac os 10.10.
Extract/unzip the distribution archive file into /Applications/apache-maven-3.4.5by the following.
- Download maven and extract it
- Add JAVA_HOME and MAVEN_HOME in environment variable
- Add maven path in environment variable
- Verify Maven
1) Download Maven
To install maven on windows, you need to download apache maven first.
Download Maven latest Maven software from Download latest version of Maven
- In order to use Maven command line tools anywhere on your system, we have to add Maven bin directory location to system path. On Windows append the string;%M2% to the end of the system variable PATH.
- Unix-based Operating Systems (Linux, Solaris and Mac OS X) Extract the distribution archive, i.e. Apache-maven-2.2.1-bin.tar.gz to the directory you wish to install Maven 2.2.1. These instructions assume you chose /usr/local/apache-maven. The subdirectory apache-maven-2.2.1 will be created from the archive.
- Download maven and extract it; Add JAVAHOME and MAVENHOME in environment variable; Add maven path in environment variable; Verify Maven; 1) Download Maven. To install maven on windows, you need to download apache maven first. Download Maven latest Maven software from Download latest version of Maven. For example: apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.zip.
For example: apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.zip
Extract it. Now it will look like this:
2) Add MAVEN_HOME in environment variable
Right click on MyComputer ->properties ->Advanced System Settings ->Environment variables ->click new button
Now add MAVEN_HOME in variable name and path of maven in variable value. It must be the home directory of maven i.e. outer directory of bin. For example: E:apache-maven-3.1.1 .It is displayed below:
Now click on OK button.
3) Add Maven Path in environment variable
Click on new tab if path is not set, then set the path of maven. If it is set, edit the path and append the path of maven.
Here, we have installed JDK and its path is set by default, so we are going to append the path of maven.
The path of maven should be %maven home%/bin. For example, E:apache-maven-3.1.1bin .
To verify whether maven is installed or not, open the command prompt and write:
Now it will display the version of maven and jdk including the maven home and java home.
Let”s see the output:
Download Apache Maven 3.1.1
Maven is distributed in several formats for your convenience. Use a source archive if you intend to build Maven yourself. Otherwise, simply pick a ready-made binary distribution and follow the installation instructions given at the end of this document.
You will be prompted for a mirror – if the file is not found on yours, please be patient, as it may take 24 hours to reach all mirrors.
In order to guard against corrupted downloads/installations, it is highly recommended to verify the signature of the release bundles against the public KEYS used by the Apache Maven developers.
Maven is distributed under the Apache License, version 2.0.
We strongly encourage our users to configure a Maven repository mirror closer to their location, please read How to Use Mirrors for Repositories.
Be sure to check the compatibility notes before using this version to avoid surprises. While Maven 3 aims to be backward-compatible with Maven 2.x to the extent possible, there are still a few significant changes.
[if-any logo] [end] The currently selected mirror is [preferred]. If you encounter a problem with this mirror, please select another mirror. If all mirrors are failing, there are backup mirrors (at the end of the mirrors list) that should be available.
Download Maven For Mac Versions
You may also consult the complete list of mirrors.
This is the current stable version of Maven.
|Maven 3.1.1 (Binary tar.gz)||apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.tar.gz||apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.tar.gz.md5||apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.tar.gz.asc|
|Maven 3.1.1 (Binary zip)||apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.zip||apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.zip.md5||apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.zip.asc|
|Maven 3.1.1 (Source tar.gz)||apache-maven-3.1.1-src.tar.gz||apache-maven-3.1.1-src.tar.gz.md5||apache-maven-3.1.1-src.tar.gz.asc|
|Maven 3.1.1 (Source zip)||apache-maven-3.1.1-src.zip||apache-maven-3.1.1-src.zip.md5||apache-maven-3.1.1-src.zip.asc|
|Release Reference Documentation||3.1.1|
You can also download the current documentation, i.e. this website.
This is a stable version 3.0.x of Maven for projects that can”t upgrade to Maven 3.1 yet.
|Maven 3.0.5 (Binary tar.gz)||apache-maven-3.0.5-bin.tar.gz||apache-maven-3.0.5-bin.tar.gz.md5||apache-maven-3.0.5-bin.tar.gz.asc|
|Maven 3.0.5 (Binary zip)||apache-maven-3.0.5-bin.zip||apache-maven-3.0.5-bin.zip.md5||apache-maven-3.0.5-bin.zip.asc|
|Maven 3.0.5 (Source tar.gz)||apache-maven-3.0.5-src.tar.gz||apache-maven-3.0.5-src.tar.gz.md5||apache-maven-3.0.5-src.tar.gz.asc|
|Maven 3.0.5 (Source zip)||apache-maven-3.0.5-src.zip||apache-maven-3.0.5-src.zip.md5||apache-maven-3.0.5-src.zip.asc|
|Release Reference Documentation||3.0.5|
This is an older, but stable version of Maven for projects that can”t upgrade to Maven 3.x yet.
|Maven 2.2.1 (Binary tar.gz)||apache-maven-2.2.1-bin.tar.gz||apache-maven-2.2.1-bin.tar.gz.md5||apache-maven-2.2.1-bin.tar.gz.asc|
|Maven 2.2.1 (Binary zip)||apache-maven-2.2.1-bin.zip||apache-maven-2.2.1-bin.zip.md5||apache-maven-2.2.1-bin.zip.asc|
|Maven 2.2.1 (Source tar.gz)||apache-maven-2.2.1-src.tar.gz||apache-maven-2.2.1-src.tar.gz.md5||apache-maven-2.2.1-src.tar.gz.asc|
|Maven 2.2.1 (Source zip)||apache-maven-2.2.1-src.zip||apache-maven-2.2.1-src.zip.md5||apache-maven-2.2.1-src.zip.asc|
|Release Reference Documentation||2.2.1|
This is an older, but stable version of Maven for projects that require Maven to run on JDK 1.4.
|Maven 2.0.11 (Binary tar.gz)||apache-maven-2.0.11-bin.tar.gz||apache-maven-2.0.11-bin.tar.gz.md5||apache-maven-2.0.11-bin.tar.gz.asc|
|Maven 2.0.11 (Binary zip)||apache-maven-2.0.11-bin.zip||apache-maven-2.0.11-bin.zip.md5||apache-maven-2.0.11-bin.zip.asc|
|Maven 2.0.11 (Source tar.gz)||apache-maven-2.0.11-src.tar.gz||apache-maven-2.0.11-src.tar.gz.md5||apache-maven-2.0.11-src.tar.gz.asc|
|Maven 2.0.11 (Source zip)||apache-maven-2.0.11-src.zip||apache-maven-2.0.11-src.zip.md5||apache-maven-2.0.11-src.zip.asc|
|Release Reference Documentation||2.0.11|
You can download the current documentation, i.e. this website, as:
- a single jar file
All previous releases of Maven can be found in the archives.
Download Maven For Mac Operating System
All sources (plugins, shared librairies, scm, indexer etc.) can be downloaded from http://www.apache.org/dist/maven/
Install Maven On Mac
|JDK||1.5 or above (this is to execute Maven – it still allows you to build against 1.3 and prior JDK”s)|
|Memory||No minimum requirement|
|Disk||No minimum requirement. Approximately 100MB will be used for your local repository, however this will vary depending on usage and can be removed and redownloaded at any time.|
|Operating System||No minimum requirement. On Windows, Windows NT and above or Cygwin is required for the startup scripts. Tested on Windows XP, Fedora Core and Mac OS X.|
Download Maven For Mac Catalina
Maven is a Java tool, so you must have Java installed in order to proceed. More precisely, you need a Java Development Kit (JDK), the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) is not sufficient. Additional optional installation steps are listed after the platform specific instructions.
- Unzip the distribution archive, i.e. apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.zip to the directory you wish to install Maven 3.1.1. These instructions assume you chose C:Program FilesApache Software Foundation. The subdirectory apache-maven-3.1.1 will be created from the archive.
- Add the M2_HOME environment variable by opening up the system properties (WinKey + Pause), selecting the “Advanced” tab, and the “Environment Variables” button, then adding the M2_HOME variable in the user variables with the value C:Program FilesApache Software Foundationapache-maven-3.1.1. Be sure to omit any quotation marks around the path even if it contains spaces. Note: For Maven 2.0.9, also be sure that the M2_HOME doesn”t have a ” as last character.
- In the same dialog, add the M2 environment variable in the user variables with the value %M2_HOME%bin.
- Optional: In the same dialog, add the MAVEN_OPTS environment variable in the user variables to specify JVM properties, e.g. the value -Xms256m -Xmx512m. This environment variable can be used to supply extra options to Maven.
- In the same dialog, update/create the Path environment variable in the user variables and prepend the value %M2% to add Maven available in the command line.
- In the same dialog, make sure that JAVA_HOME exists in your user variables or in the system variables and it is set to the location of your JDK, e.g. C:Program FilesJavajdk1.5.0_02 and that %JAVA_HOME%bin is in your Path environment variable.
- Open a new command prompt (Winkey + R then type cmd) and run mvn --version to verify that it is correctly installed.
Unix-based Operating Systems (Linux, Solaris and Mac OS X)
- Extract the distribution archive, i.e. apache-maven-3.1.1-bin.tar.gz to the directory you wish to install Maven 3.1.1. These instructions assume you chose /usr/local/apache-maven. The subdirectory apache-maven-3.1.1 will be created from the archive.
- In a command terminal, add the M2_HOME environment variable, e.g. export M2_HOME=/usr/local/apache-maven/apache-maven-3.1.1.
- Add the M2 environment variable, e.g. export M2=$M2_HOME/bin.
- Optional: Add the MAVEN_OPTS environment variable to specify JVM properties, e.g. export MAVEN_OPTS="-Xms256m -Xmx512m". This environment variable can be used to supply extra options to Maven.
- Add M2 environment variable to your path, e.g. export PATH=$M2:$PATH.
- Make sure that JAVA_HOME is set to the location of your JDK, e.g. export JAVA_HOME=/usr/java/jdk1.5.0_02 and that $JAVA_HOME/bin is in your PATH environment variable.
- Run mvn --version to verify that it is correctly installed.
Maven will work for most tasks with the above configuration, however if you have any environmental specific configuration outside of individual projects then you will need to configure settings. The following sections refer to what is available.
Maven has a settings file located in the Maven installation and/or user home directory that configure environmental specifics such as:
- HTTP proxy server
- repository manager location
- server authentication and passwords
- other configuration properties
For information on this file, see the Settings reference
As of Maven 2.1.0+, you can encrypt passwords in your settings file, however you must first configure a master password. For more information on both server passwords and the master password, see the Guide to Password Encryption.
Download Apache Maven For Mac Os
Download Maven For Mac
As of Maven 2.0.9+, you can build a project using a specific version of JDK independent from the one Maven is running with. For more information, see the Guide to Using Toolchains.